Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthday Cowl

I wanted to make something really really special for my BFF for her birthday, and had never made her something knitted before. When I saw this post a while back, I knew right away that it would be perfect for her.  We were planning on going to Portland for the labour day weekend, and so I decided that I would pick up some yarn for her on our trip, hence the name of the project on Ravelry.  Well that was an epic fail.  I did buy yarn, in fact I bought twice the quantity that I needed to make one for myself as well, but after starting three times, and ripping them all out I decided the wool I had decided on wasn't right for the project at all.  I had wanted to make her something really luxurius, but was running out of time and ended up at my local Michaels to pick out wool.  It ended up working out alright because the wool I chose is machine washable, and so a little more practical for her anyways.  It is still nice and smooshy and comfy and warm, and turn out just as I had pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment