Monday, November 21, 2011

Construction Details

So I was making another ribbon box this weekend (to sell this time) and so I snapped a few pics of what I was doing.  I just start out with a photo storage box, from Michaels.  They put them on sale all the time, and recently were 5/$10.  Paired with a 25% off coupon, they became pretty darn cheap! 
I figured out how many ribbons I wanted to store in the box, and did a bit of math to figure out how far apart to place my holes, and began punching.  After some trial and error I also decided that it is easier to punch one hole and measure the next to make sure I am on the right track.
 Once all the holes were punched on both sides I took some large eyelets, and set on in each hole, to give it a more finished look, and also to extend the life of the box.  I figure this way the cardboard wont get worn out by having ribbons pulled through all the time.
 Lastly, I had bought a long 1.25" dowel from Home Depot a few weeks ago while I was there trying to find parts for my broken kitchen sink.  I had it chopped up into pieces that fit perfectly inside the box.
 And thats it.  And it will be wrapped up and put under someone's Christmas Tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment