Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Very Special Wool Delivery


So I received a very special delivery of wool on Monday - from a very unlikely source...my boss!  A few months ago everyone had been admiring a scarf she was wearing, and she said her mom had knit it.  I was intriuged, and examined it closely and asked lots of questions because I couldn't figure out for the life of me how it had been knit.
So I guess she told her mom (who happens to live in the Netherlands) that I was a knitter, and was very intruigedby her scarf.  And then she happened to be visiting her parents last week, and her mom had so kindly picked out some wool for me and set up the scarf on some needles.  And they recorded some instructional videos for me...in dutch I might add.  Its hard to tell in these pictures, but the wool she picked out is so pretty, with pale pinks, purples and whites and a bit of shimmer.  I love it!

I think that the scarf is very similar to this one that I found on Ravelry, or maybe this one.  At any rate, it looks extremely complicated, but is so incredibly simple.  You just cast on 7 stitches (I think, I didn't actually do the casting on) and knit them. 

I will post more pics when finished, which shouldn't take long at the rate I am going.  Its a fast knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment