Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just One Bag Full

from Three Bags Full when I visited last Saturday.  One very small bag, I might add.  My wallet couldn't really afford three.
But at least everything I bought has a purpose and a plan (which may or may not be the case for all of the yarn purchases I make.  So I finally remembered to take some pics, and thought I would give a little rundown of my plans.

First Up - I just can't get enough of the Malabrigo Lace.  And since I have pretty much decided to give away my Jewel (that is 99% done - yah!) for a Christmas gift, I still want to make another for me.  And when I saw this color, I was sold.  My crappy photography skills don't do it any justice at all, trust me.


Secondly - Well on second thought, this should actually be my first thought because I want it to be a Christmas gift.  I want to make this tea cozy for my friend's sweet mom, who always welcomes me in, and feeds me, and loves tea.  Of course I am not using cashmere, but was inspide by this post, on this fantasic blog that I stumbled upon one recently and was instantly hooked.  After the fact I thought that maybe I should have bought superwash because then it would be machine washable...too late.  Plus the intended recipient is a sometimes-knitter, so I think she may not mind hand washing a handknit.  I know if I received any sort of handknit from anyone I would always hand-wash with care!


Lastly - Last year I made these finderless gloves for a christmas gift, and they are very well loved by the recipient, she wears them all the time.  And I don't know if you have ever felt this wool, but oh!  It is so amazingly soft.  And so I picked up another skein in black to make her a matching cowl.  And no, I am not crazy, so I am not going to try and finish before Christmas.  Its already crazytown in my life because I am working on three 4th yr university courses with due dates looming, plus already working on some Christmas knits.  So, I plan on wrapping up the skein, and recommending a few patterns so that she can pick which one she likes best.  So far I am thinking this or this


And that pretty much documents the purchases I made (and in record time too) because poor puggy was waiting for me in the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment