Thursday, December 29, 2011

Knits For 2012

I was taking a look at my Ravelry queue yesterday, and couldn't believe how many things I had forgotten that I had added over the past little while.  I know that while this list isn't that big compared to some other's queues on Ravelry, its still bigger than I am likely to ever complete in the next year.
So I thought maybe I should actually use that handy feature that Ravelry provides where you can sort projects in order of priority in order to figure out what projects to work on next.
I also used that opportunity to do a bit of housecleaning, and get rid of some items I had added just to bookmark because there had been times I wanted to find a particular type of pattern, and queued everything that I thought might be applicable.
Let me tell you, that feature on Ravelry that allows you to order your queue is actually pretty great!  I just used it to rank the top ten items, everything below that is still a jumbled mess with no particular order.

Without further ado, here is a quick rundown of the top ten:

1.  Dovetail Cowl
As I mentioned here, I bought a skein of Royal Alpaca wool in black for an xmas gift, and this is the cowl pattern that she chose.  So that is why the project is ranked #1, because I need to get to it first. 
Photo Found Here
  
2.  Jeweled Cowl
Yes, I know.  I have already made this twice, and the first one was unravelled, and the second one still needs to be.  But I am brave, so I am going to try it again - twice.  I have two skeins of wool ready to go for this project.  The first one will be for my mom, who was supposed to get the one I screwed up, mentioned here.

Photo Found Here
 3.   Pine Forest Baby Blanket
I have already made this once, and loved it.  Another friend of mine is expecting, and I think this pattern is the perfect gift. 
Photo Found Here

4.  Christopher
I can't remember where I first saw a post about this project, but as soon as I looked at it, and at how good all the finished projects looked, I knew I had to try it.  I love how professional it looks, and am intruiged by the fact that it is reversible, and has no seams!  I love no seams!
Photo Found Here
5.  Business Casual
I am always up for knitting socks, even if they take forever and get put on the back-burner a lot.  When I saw this pattern posted recently I fell in sock love.

Photo Found Here
6.  Guernsey Wrap
There isn't really anything to say, except that I love the look of this pattern.  That is all.

Photo Found Here
7.  Textured Shawl
I found this pattern because I wanted to find a use for some yarn I purchased and stumbled across this.  I guess now that I think about it, this is very similar to number 6.  Oh well.
Photo Found Here
8.  Smockies
I have been promising to make my best friend some fingerless mitts for quite some time now.  I love the look of this pattern, and plus once when she came to a wool store with me, there were some in the store that were made up that looked a bit like these, and she liked them.
Photo Found Here
9 & 10.  Tied.  Sweater.  Maybe...
So I think I want to attempt to knit myself a sweater...maybe.  If I do it needs to be something kind of timeless, and something I will actually wear.  Over the past little while I have come across two items I may actually oneday knit.  Aidez and Thermal
photo found here
Photo Found Here
Whew!  That is it.  We will see how long it takes before my priorities change though.

No comments:

Post a Comment